Spok Messenger provides the ability to define a number of common messages. Common messages are the set of messages an operator normally enters, such as “Call the Operator.” Therefore, instead of manually typing out messages that are frequently used, common messages can be created, allowing users to simply choose the common message from the drop down.
In the Common Messages dialog, the common messages that are currently saved in the system can be sorted by name, owner, and numbered order.
In addition, you can also rank the order in which the common messages display. Therefore, if you have a large number of common messages saved in your system and you would like one of them to display at the top of the list when you click Common in the Spok Messenger home screen, you can rank the common messages in the order that you would like them to display by giving them an assigned number rank. In this situation, if you would like the common message “Come to the operator station” to display first in the list, you would assign that common message with a higher ranking number than the rest of the messages. Please note that lower numbers have higher ranks. So a rank of “1” has a higher rank than a rank of “4.”
- Access the main Spok Messenger dialog. The Spok Messenger screen displays.
- Click Common on the home screen of Spok Messenger. If common messages are defined, a list of these messages appears below the button.
- To insert a message into the Message to Send window, simply choose the message from the list. The common message is inserted into the Message to send field and the message is ready to send.
Adding Common Messages
A common message can be added to the system.
- Choose Edit > Common Messages. The Common Messages dialog displays.
- Click New. The field empties and information can be added.
- In the Message Text field, enter the text for the common message.
- In the Display Order field, enter the number in which you would like the common message to display. For example, if you would like the common message that you are creating to display toward the top of the list, enter a low number into the field. Please note that lower numbers have higher priority. For example, a display order of “3” would have a higher priority and would display higher in the list as opposed to a display order of “7.”
- Enable the Share Message with Everyone option if you would like the common message that you are creating to be available for all users to see.
- Click Save to save the new common message. The message is saved.
Editing Common Messages
An existing common message can be edited.
- Select the message to be edited from the list. The information for the message populates in the fields.
- Change the desired information.
- Click Save. The changes to the common message are saved.
Deleting Common Messages
An existing common message can be deleted.
- Select the message to be deleted from the list. The information for the chosen common message displays in the fields.
- Click Delete or press the delete key on the keyboard. A warning dialog displays.
- Click Yes. The common message is deleted.
NOTE: Even though a common message may be visible to all, it can only be edited or deleted by its original creator.