The public holidays feature is used to define the public holidays that are recognized by your organization. The public holidays may affect how the Scheduling and Reminder Messages features work. This functionality ensures Spok Messenger contacts the correct staff during holiday periods.
When the dialog is accessed, a list of the holidays displays. To review the dates specified for the holiday, select the holiday name in the list. The dates display in the Start date and End date fields.
NOTE: These holidays DO have a year associated with them and thus need to be updated annually, or named appropriately and entered in advance, such as New Year’s 2009 and New Year’s 2010.
Adding Public Holidays
The holidays recognized by your organization can be specified. Holidays are used when scheduling on-call assignments and creating reminder messages. A name is required when creating a public holiday.
NOTE: These holidays DO have a year associated with them, and thus need to be updated annually, or named appropriately and entered in advance, such as New Year’s 2009 and New Year’s 2010.
- Choose Edit > Public Holiday to display the Public Holidays form. A list of the current holidays displays in the left pane.
- Click New. The Name field is cleared so a new holiday name can be entered.
- In the Name field, enter a descriptive name for the public holiday.
- In the Start date field, enter the start date for the holiday. You can select a date from the calendar by clicking on the down arrow or by simply typing in a date. The date format is MM/DD/YYYY.
- In the End date field, enter the end date for the holiday. You can select a date from the calendar by clicking on the down arrow or by simply typing in a date. The date format is MM/DD/YYYY.
- Click Save to save the entry. The holiday list is updated.
Editing Public Holidays
The name and dates of an existing holiday can be changed. Note that a public holiday must have a name. If you attempt to save a public holiday without adding a name, an error message displays and you are not allowed to save the change.
- Click on the name of the public holiday you want to change. The information for that public holiday displays in the fields.
- Make any desired changes.
- Click Save. The department list is updated.
Deleting Public Holidays
The public holidays that are no longer valid can be deleted. Note that after a holiday date has passed, the records must be removed manually.
- From the holiday list, choose the holiday that you want to remove. The information for that holiday displays in the fields.
- Click Delete or press the delete key on the keyboard. A warning dialog displays.
- Click Yes to delete the record. The Public Holidays dialog is updated.