The following must be completed before launching the web interface.
- API Port and SSL setup are configured. See Configuring Spok Messenger API for more details.
- Export/Import certificate from the Messenger Server to the Messenger Client.
- The Web Server SSL Listening port is configured. See Admin Guide Spok Messenger: Server Tab for more details.
- An active Messenger account is required to access and use the dashboard page. The account must include the following privileges:
- Administration > System Status (Required)
- WWW (Required)
- WWW > Persistent (Recommended)
Launch Active Events Dashboard (using automated script)
Use the script to launch the dashboard from a workstation kiosk for a dedicated monitor type of experience. It automates opening Internet Explorer, directing it to the appropriate dashboard url and puts the browser into kiosk mode.
The hostname/ip of the Messenger server along with the web SSL listening port of the Messenger server must be provided to the script as parameters. The script must be (manually) placed on the workstation machine.
The script batch file used for this integration is named 'Active_Events_Launcher' and is included in the Messenger server installer. It is located in the following directory: /Spok Messenger/WWWFiles/pub
- Double click the script file to launch. When double clicked, IE opens in Kiosk mode.
The default configuration parameters for the script are as follows:
HostName The Messenger server host name or IP address Default value is localhost HostPortSSL The HTTPS web service listening port for Messenger server Default value is 18443
- To customize the input configuration parameters, run windows command prompt as Administrator.
- Change the directory to the Active_Events_Launcher location by entering Active_Events_Launcher.bat <Web Server Hostname or IP address> <Host SSL port number>.
- Launch the web browser. A certificate warning displays if you have not added the certificate used by the Messenger web server to the client machine's Trusted Certificate Authority.
- Choose the Continue to this website option. The Active Events web interface displays.
The table below describes each field in the interface:
Unit identity, it will show up when it is available
Room identity, it will show up when it is available
Bed identity , it will show up when it is available
The amount of time the event has been active. This is expressed in hh:mm:ss format.
The state of the event
Launch the Active Events Dashboard (manually using Url)
The Active Event Web Interface can be also launched by typing the following URL into a web browser: https://<HostName>:<HostPortSSL>/en/whiteboard_active_events.asp
There are some options for the interface that can be specified within the URL parameters, where “?” starts the parameter and “&” is used as a separator. The options to set are:
Unit will set the active event dashboard to only show the events for the unit within the identifier. The default value is to show every unit. Multiple units can be shown by setting including commas. Example: “unit=ICU, ED”. If a unit is not specified, the dashboard will show events for every unit. Note that the input parameter for unit is case sensitive.
In cases where a site has a space in their Location’s Name, the space will have to be replaced with a '%20' in the URL.
Example: if the Location Name is CENTURY FOUR the URL will be:
Fontsize will set the active event dashboard display font size. The default value is 16.
- Show units ICU and ED, set the font size to 20.
- Show units ICU and ED, the font size is default.
- Show events for every unit, set the font size to 18.
Prompt for Signing In
You will need to provide credentials for an active Messenger account that has the required privileges stated in the Prerequisites area of this article to use the dashboard. You will be prompted to sign in the first time you try to use the dashboard. If you wish to automate the login in future sessions using the same credential, then you should check the “Remember Me” checkbox the first time you sign in. Once you sign in, you will be redirected to the active events dashboard page.
Using the Active Events Dashboard Admin Console
The Active Events Dashboard Admin Console allows users to change the following for the Active Events Dashboard:
- size of the columns
- changing sort order of the active events
- hide/show columns displayed
- To access the Admin Console, add the parameter 'adminConsole' to the Active Events dashboard URL with a value of true. Example: ?adminConsole=true.
URL Example: https://hostname:websslport/en/whiteboard_active_events.asp?adminConsole=true
NOTE: The Admin console can only be viewed by a user with System Settings privileges enabled.
The Active Events Management Console window appears and is available to edit.
- To change the columns displayed, click the box next to the value and click Save. These columns are now shown in the list.
- To change the order in which events are sorted, click the Up Down Arrow icon next to the column. When you first select the Up Down Arrow icon, it sorts the column in ascending order. Click the arrow icon again, it sorts the column in descending order. To sort by multiple columns, click the first sorting column, then shift + click the next.
In this example, the events appear first by event name , then within that they are sorted by bed number. Click Save to save these changes.
- To resize a column, hover over the space between columns. The resize arrow appears. Click and drag left or right to resize that column. Click Save to save these changes.