For the procedures used by Spok IT to deploy the Hosted Message Monitoring components, see Installing the Spok Mobile Message Monitoring Service - Spok Mobile Hosted.
The API required for Spok Mobile Message Monitoring (CareConnect.Monitoring.api) is deployed on the Spok Mobile server(s). It can connect to both the Spok Mobile
AmcomAmcPremiseCore database and to the Contact Center’s database. Use the procedures below to install and configure the Message Monitoring API on the Spok Mobile server(s).
Copy the Files to the Spok Mobile Server(s)
- If you did not complete this step before beginning the implementation (see CCS Installer 1.9 Prerequisites), copy all of the files in the "CareConnect.Monitoring\MonitoringData" folder on the CareConnect.Monitoring installation media to the folder on the client’s Spok Mobile server(s). The preferred location is
- Copy all of the files in the "CareConnect.Monitoring\Database" folder to the client’s Spok Mobile database server.
Add the Monitoring Service to IIS Manager
What: MonitoringData Installation Media
Where: IIS on Spok Mobile server(s)
- Open IIS Manager on the Spok Mobile server(s).
- In the Default Web Site dropdown menu, select Add New Application:
- Specify the Alias as “MonitoringData”
- Leave the Application pool set to the default (assuming it is running at least .NET 4.0)
- Select the location of the published files on the file system
Configure the Web.config File
- Open the the Web.config file in the MonitoringData folder on the Spok Mobile server(s) with any text editor.
- In the cnfgClient tag, change the url attribute to point to the
ConfigClientservice, which is on the Care Connect server.
10.50.129.44is the IP of the Premise server.
- In the connectionStrings tag, change the “Mobile” database connection string to the correct Spok Mobile server’s database. This allows the
CareConnect.Monitoring.apito connect to the
In order to authenticate the web.api, you must run a SQL script.
- Locate the premise.sql script in the Care Connect Monitoring "Database" folder on the Spok Mobile database server.
- Run this script on the Spok Mobile database server.