Spok Go lets you send and receive text messages, videos, and pictures from people who are in your directory. Attachments are encrypted to ensure the information you send is kept private and confidential.
Supported File Types
Attachments can be up to 36 MB in size. The following file types are supported:
- Document file formats:
- .DOC, .DOCX, .PPT, .PPTX, .XLS, .XLSX, .PDF, .TXT
- Media file formats:
- .AVI, .FLV, .WMV, .MP4, .MOV, .MP3, .WAV, .M4A
- Image file formats:
- .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, .IMG, .HDR, .NII, .MNC, .DCM.
Any photos that are received through the Spok Go application are accessible only within the Spok Go application. Attachments are securely encrypted.
Viewing an Attachment
To view an attachment, your device must have the software associated with that attachment's file type installed.
- Click the conversation containing the attachment.
- Click the attachment to download the file.
- Click the file to open it.
Attaching an Image or a File to a Message
You can attach one or more files to a message. Up to 5 attachments can be sent in one message. If you send an attachment without a corresponding message, the subject line indicates the number of attached files. For example, "Message with 2 attachments" is displayed.
You can send a file up to 36 MB as an attachment.
- Click .
- In the Search by name field, select one or more recipients.
- Under the Type your message field, click .
- Browse to the file you want to attach.
- Click Open.
- Click the arrow icon or press Enter to send the message.
Removing an Image or File From a Message
You can remove an attachment before sending a message. After you attach a file, click the X next to the file to remove it from the message.