These instructions are for RabbitMQ 3.7.0. If you need instructions for RabbitMQ 3.8.3, go to the next article or see Converting the PFX Certificate to PEM Certificates for the Spok Notification Framework (for CCS 1.9.3.x).
Before you begin, ensure that the certificate has been exported to PFX format and that the you have the required password. The customer typically creates the PFX certificate, and will therefore need to supply the password they created when the created the file. For more information, see Exporting PFX Format Certificates for the Spok Notification Framework.
The procedure below will convert the PFX certificate to three PEM certificates, which are required by the Spok Notification Framework (SNF). You must perform this conversion in order to use the SNF.
- On the Spok Mobile server, open the command prompt by pressing the Windows key + R. Enter
CMDin the Open field and press Enter.
- On the command line, run
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Spok\Care Connect\MQTT”to navigate to the directory in which the certificate is located.
ConvertCertificate.bat password. This will initiate the conversion process. The PFX certificate will be separated into three PEM certificates: root.pem, server.pem and key.pem.
- In the command prompt window, enter the password that was set when the certificate was exported to PFX, then press Enter.
- Take note of any “Invalid Password” messages which appear at this time. If you receive any of these messages, you must rerun the ConvertCertificate.bat script.
- Once the conversion is complete, confirm that all three certificate files were created in the
%AppData%\RabbitMQ\Certsdirectory: root.pem, server.pem and key.pem.Do not change the names of the PEM files. They must be named root.pem, server.pem and key.pem.If the conversion was successful, each PEM file will be at least 1KB or larger in size. If any of the files is 0KB, then the file is empty ("zeroed") and the script must be run again.
- In the command prompt window, run
cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spok\Care Connect\Utilities”to navigate to the directory, then execute reinstallrmq.bat. This restarts the RabbitMQ service.
The certificates are now in place on the Care Connect Suite server, and will be used by the RabbitMQ service, which is required for the Spok Notification Framework.