IMPORTANT: Prior to running the Spok Care Connect 1.9 Server installer, verify the RabbitMQ version on each of the servers. If RabbitMQ 3.8.3 is installed, continue to Installing Spok Mobile Services. If RabbitMQ 3.7.0 is installed, both RabbitMQ and Erlang must be manually uninstalled. The next release of the Spok Care Connect 1.9 Server installer will automatically install RabbitMQ 3.8.3 and Erlang OTP 22, and manually uninstalling will not be necessary. For now, see the instructions below.
Spok Care Connect 126.96.36.199 or earlier installs RabbitMQ 3.7.0 and Erlang OTP 20. When running the current version of the Spok Care Connect 1.9 installer, RabbitMQ does not upgrade from version 3.7.0 to version 3.8.3. Therefore, RabbitMQ 3.7.0 must be manually uninstalled before running the Spok Care Connect 1.9 Server installer to perform an upgrade.
Uninstalling RabbitMQ and Erlang
- Navigate to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Click on RabbitMQ Server 3.7.0, then click Uninstall.
- Wait until RabbitMQ Server 3.7.0 is uninstalled, then click on Erlang OTP 20(9.1).
- Click Uninstall.
Deleting the Erlang Folder
This must be done on each server.
- Open Task Manager, then click Details.
- Click on epmd.exe, then click End Task.
You must do this to delete the Erlang folder.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files, then right-click the erl9.1 folder.
- Click Delete.
If Windows does not allow you to delete the erl9.1 folder and displays a folder in use error message, restart the system and try to delete the erl9.1 folder again.