The following Knowledge Article will provide you with instructions on how to install the Cisco TSP after a crash.
The Cisco Administrator must login to the Call Manager server and download the TSP from the Plugins menu.
NOTE: The installation of the TSP needs to be done on each workstation and the Spok CTI Server.
The Cisco TSP client is tightly coupled with the Microsoft Telephony Service. By default the Microsoft Telephony Service is dependent on the Microsoft Remote Connection Manager Service which cannot be restarted manually. To ensure proper installation of the Cisco TSP client, reboot the computer following Cisco TSP installation. Cisco also recommends rebooting the computer anytime the Cisco TSP configuration settings are changed to ensure the Microsoft Telephony Service is updated properly. If the Microsoft Remote Connection Service is disabled, computer reboot is not required; simply restart the Microsoft Telephony Service using the Windows Services Applet for the new settings to take effect.
NOTE: The TSP is located in the setup folder on the Spok file share.
1. Double-click the Cisco TSP.exe file to extract the files and start the installation.
NOTE: The exact filename depends on the version that was downloaded.
2. When the Choose Destination Location window displays, click Next.
3. On the Configure TSP Instance window, click the Use the following Credentials option.
4. Enter the Userid and Password for the CUCM end user that is authorized to control the phone device.
5. In the CTI Manager area, enter the IP address of the CTI Manager (CUCM) server in the CTI Manager 1 field.
6. In the CTI Manager area, enter the IP address of the Backup CTI Manager (CUCM) server in the CTI Manager 2 field.
7. From the drop-down list next to the CTI Manager 1 and CTI Manager 2 fields, select IPv4.
8. Click Next.
9. On the Medial Driver/Auto-Upgrade/TFTP Server IP Address window, verify that the ASK option is selected and then accept the remaining default settings by clicking Next.
NOTE: The ASK option allows the TSP to be updated automatically when a new CM is upgraded.
10. When the installation is complete, click Finish.
11. Reboot the Windows machine.
Source: GUID 58786