CD/DVD Burn Option Not Available
Issue: When trying to burn files to the CD/DVD Drive, you do not have the option available.
The drive itself is available, but any attempt to burn files does not give you the option at all - burn does not appear as a choice (not greyed out, completely not an option).
Explorer.exe needs to have administrative privileges.
- Launch Task Manager (right click on Task Bar, select “Start Task Manager”)
- Click on the “Processes” Tab
- Find the explorer.exe process
- Right-click on explorer.exe and choose “End Process”
- Choose “Show processes from all users”
- Click File - “New Task”
- Type in: explorer.exe, select “OK”
- Check the “Create this task with administrative privileges”
- Click OK
The workstation/server now has the capability to burn to CD/DVD