On-call group information is available in Smart Web. A user can view current and past on-call assignments, change existing assignments, or add new assignments.
Any operator can view the on-call calendars and search for information about an on-call group. However, the operators that can update the shift assignments in Smart Web are limited to a specific set of users.
- Update ALL on-call groups: The messaging ID the operator uses to log in to the On-Call tab in Smart Web must be assigned to a user name in the Users form in Smart Center. The ATMS_OPERATOR role must also be assigned. The user does not have to be assigned to an on-call group as an administrator to be allowed to make changes.
- Update SOME on-call groups: The messaging ID the operator uses to log in to the On-Call tab in Smart Web must be assigned to the on-call group as an administrator in the Administrators tab in the On-Call Calendars form in Smart Center. This type of user does not have to have their messaging ID assigned to a user name in the Users form.
If neither of these privileges is assigned, the user cannot update shift assignments for any on-call group.
Displaying On-Call Groups in Smart Web Search Screen
Whether an on-call group is displayed and available in the on-call groups Search screen in Smart Web is determined by the SMART WEB Enabled option it the Module Access tab in the Listings form for the on-call group.
When the Enabled option is selected, the individual’s or on-call group’s record displays in the on-call group Search screen. The on-call schedule can be accessed, and messages can be sent.
When the Enabled option is not selected, the individual’s or on-call group’s record does not display in the on-call group Search screen. The on-call schedule cannot be accessed, and messages cannot be sent.
Creating a Smart Web Log in ID and Password for On-Call
A user must have a messaging ID and a password assigned in Smart Center to be able to log in to the Smart Web on-call options that require a log in ID and password. The messaging ID and password are assigned in the Messaging tab in the Listings form.
Both a numeric and an alphanumeric password can be entered, depending on how the system is set up.
- In the Alpha Password field in the Messaging tab in the Listings form, enter an alphanumeric password. This password is used to log on to Smart Web.
If the Alpha Password field is grayed-out and unavailable, the system does not allow an alphanumeric password to be entered. A numeric password must then be entered in the Password field to be able to log on to Smart Web.
- In the Password field in the lower left corner of the tab, enter a numeric password. This password is used to log on to Smart Web only if an alphanumeric password cannot be entered in the Alpha Password field.
This password is also used to log on to e.Notify.
The password used to log on to Smart Web is also used to log on to e.Notify.
Enabling a User to Access On-Call Groups
In addition to being able to log in to Smart Web, the user must also have access to either all on-call groups or a specified set of groups. If access has not been granted, a “Request Denied” message displays in Smart Web after the user logs in.
Accessing All On-Call Groups
To be able to access all on-call groups, a user account must be created for the user in Smart Center. The user’s messaging ID and at least the ATMS_OPERATOR role must be assigned to the user account. This role gives the user the minimum set of privileges in Smart Center and is an appropriate choice to enable a user to access on-call group information in Smart Web.
A complete discussion of using all of the options in this form to create user records can be found in “Creating and Managing User Accounts and Assigning ATMS Roles” on page 455.
Accessing a Specified On-Call Group
A user for which a messaging ID is not assigned to a user name in the Users form can still be allowed to access specified on-call groups. To be able to access a specified on-call group, the user must be assigned as an administrator for the on-call group.
1. Choose Admin|On-Call Calendars. The On-Call Calendars form displays.
2. Perform a search for the record to which you want to assign an administrator. If more than one record meets your search criteria, click on the row in the master block to select the record.
3. Select the Administrators tab.
4. Specify an administrator using the LOV feature.
5. Press <F8> or click the Save Changes button to save the assignment.