The purpose of this article is to provide some basic steps to troubleshoot push notification issues on Apple iPhones.
Please review the steps below to ensure that the iPhone is configured in a manner to receive notifications:
- Ensure Notifications for Spok Mobile are enabled by going to Settings > Notifications > Spok Mobile
- Go to Settings and ensure the Do Not Disturb feature is not activated by making sure the phone is configured as shown below.
- Ensure the mute button is not turned on. The mute button is the side switch on the left side of the iPhone as you look at the screen. Switching this up and down will display an image on the phone screen when unlocked showing if the ringer is or is not enabled.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset and then choose to Reset Network Settings. CAUTION: This will wipe out all WiFi history used by this device and is not recoverable. Be sure to only select Network Settings as other options can and will remove data on your iPhone.
- Hold the home and lock button together until the iPhone restarts itself and test Spok Mobile paging again.
- As a final step, go to Notifications and disable notifications for Spok Mobile messages, power off your phone, and turn the phone on again and retest Spok Mobile