Guided Access is the iOS feature that allows you to restrict focus to one app, but it is disabled by default. You must enable the feature.
Note: Guided Access is available in iOS 6.0 and later versions only.
Follow these steps to enable Guided Access:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General to show general settings.
- In the general settings, tap Accessibility to show accessibility settings.
- Tap Guided Access, which is found in the Learning area.
The Learning area is near the very bottom of this screen.
- Tap the Guided Access slider to set it ON.
When a slider is turned on, its switch has moved to the rightmost position.
- Set a passcode by tapping Passcode Settings > Set Guided Access Passcode.
This passcode is for exiting the Guided Access mode only. You are not setting or changing the passcode of your actual device.
It is recommended this passcode be something you could share with the person monitoring your device if truly necessary. Therefore, you should not use your "normal" passcode as the Guided Access passcode.
Guided Access is now enabled. This is a one-time process. You do not need to repeat this process after enabling Guided Access for the first time.