As a surgeon, you can take steps to integrate Spok Mobile into your operating room. To do this, you must set your Spok Mobile smartphone or tablet to use a simple "kiosk mode" before you scrub, gown, and glove. While Spok Mobile runs in this mode, give your device to your circulator for them to monitor incoming pages. The kiosk mode is an operating system feature that:
- Keeps Spok Mobile open and on the screen
- Disables, while active, the device screen lock
- Blocks the ability to change apps
- Blocks notifications from other apps
- Requires a separate, configurable password or code to turn off
Work with your surgical technologist or scrub tech to ensure that bringing in your device does not risk patient safety.