You can integrate Spok Messenger with Care Connect 2019 to enable alerts, such as nurse call alerts, to be sent through Spok Conduct to Spok Go. This allows nurses to receive alerts on their Spok Go devices. The article below describes the steps to integrate an existing Spok Messenger system.
Before you Begin
Before integrating Spok Messenger, do the following:
- Ensure you have Spok Messenger version 5.16 or higher.
- Ensure you configured the Care Connect Gateway in Spok Messenger. See Spok Messenger Care Connect Gateway Integration Manual.
- Ensure the on-premise gateway was installed and configured. See Installing and Configuring the On-Premises Gateway.
- Ensure you have the gateway ID. See Installing and Configuring the On-Premises Gateway.
- Ensure you have the URL of the load balancer for the on-premises gateway. Spok Messenger needs to communicate with the load balancer.
Step 1: Configuring the On-Premises Gateway to Communicate with Spok Messenger
- Go to the Swagger site at: https://spokcareconnect.com/api/middleware/help
- Go to the Messenger section.
- Click Post.
- Click Try it Out.
- Enter the gateway ID.
- Click Execute.
- Under the Response Body, get the username and password. These values will be used in the next step.
Step 2: Configuring Spok Messenger to Communicate with the On-Premises Gateway
- Sign in to Spok Messenger.
- Click Interfaces.
- Select Care Connect.
- Enter the following information:
- Server Address: Enter the address of the load balancer for the on-premises gateway.
- Auth User Name: Enter the user name for the gateway that you copied from the Swagger site.
- Auth Password: Enter the password for the gateway that you copied from the Swagger site.
- Click Test to confirm the configuration and connection to the gateway. If the connection is successful, a checkmark is displayed.
- Click Save. Spok Messenger can now communicate with the on-premises gateway.
After you complete the steps above, Spok Messenger is able to send alerts to Spok Conduct.
Use Spok Conduct to configure workflows for the alerts that are sent from Spok Messenger. These workflows will route the alert to the correct person in Spok Go.